Uses the worldwide accepted GPS NMEA data format. APRS BEACON station is possible, even if the beacon station is moving. Waypoint data (data in / out) is available from the ACC connector on the rear of the main unit. It is possible to acquire your current position (latitude / longitude) by connecting an aftermarket GPS receiver to the data port on the back of the radio. Sub-Band APRS operation may be active in the background, even when operating in the Mono-Band Display mode. Newly added Voice Alert function. Often used keys located in convenient positions for easy operation. Programmable keys on the DTMF Microphone provide direct access to APRS functions.
Functions and Specifications:
- 50 Watts of Reliable Power on both 2 m and 70 cm. 220 MHz 1 W (USA Version)
- Yaesu’s renowned high quality Die Cast Aluminum Chassis design allows stable continuous high output power operation when you need it most.
- Incredibly flexible Dual-Band Display. You can easily set your own individual preference for Dual Receive and Full-Duplex operation. 5.2″ x 1.6″ (130 x 40 mm) Large dot-matrix (264 x 64 dots) LCD display for comfortable viewing – night or day.
- Numerous useful displays are available with the optional FGPS-1 GPS Receiver and Antenna. (Optional FGPS-2 External GPS Receiver and Antenna + CT-133 (cable) + CT-136 (adapter) are also available.)
- Choose your favorite LCD display color – 8 vibrant colour 0ptions.
- Complete with TNC and compatible with various APRS information and functions – Receive WX info from other APRS weather stations, exchange messages (max 67 characters using the APRS function, etc.
- Built-in Dual Speakers on the rear of the Control Head with Independent Volume Controls for maximum flexibility.
- The Display Control Head is designed for easy separation from the main RF Power Unit – 10 foot control cable included. Optional 20 foot control cable available.
- High-speed Band Scope included for rapidly checking band activity.
- The optional Bluetooth Unit (BU-1) provides hands-free radio operation with our Optional Bluetooth headset BH-1A (stereo) or BH-2A (monaural).
- For emergency work, or to extend the range of a hand-held unit, the FTM-350R includes Cross-Band Repeat capability.
- 500 Independent memory channels with memory name tag function (up to 8 characters) for each L and R band (1000 channels total), + 9 PMS (Programmable Band Limit Memory Scan) channels for each L and R band (18 channels in total), + a rewritable preferred channel for each L and R band, + 31 channels specifically allocated for the Smart Search function.
- Able to display your friends APRS stations (FTM-350R and VX-8R / DR) directions, distances and other information in relation to your location.
- 1200 / 9600 bps packet port (8-pin mini DIN)
- Wideband Receive:
L-band: 0.5 – 1.7 MHz (AM Broadcast band); 76 – 108 MHz (FM Broadcast band); 108 – 250 MHz / 300 – 1000 MHz
R-band: 108 – 250 MHz, 300 – 1000 MHz (USA: Cellular Blocked)
- Built-in stereo decoder for FM Broadcast: Listen to FM Broadcast in Stereo with dual speakers on the rear of the control head.
- Optional FPR-1 Monitor Unit receives your transmission out to about 1,000 ft (300 m) depending on transmit power and other conditions. Give to others to hear your transmissions during emergencies, special events, and so many other operations so that they can follow the situation.
- The front panel Built-in Microphone activates PTT transmission. A MH-48A6JA / conventional hand microphone with DTMF is also included with the radio.
- DTMF Autodial (Memory) with 16 digits / 9 memories.
- “Line In” input permits playing your favorite stereo music from other devices.
- Built-in Barometric Pressure Sensor – The radio can monitor and display your altitude and pressure.