The Yaesu FTM-3200DR is a ruggedly built yet compact C4FM / FM VHF mobile transceiver, providing high output power of up to 65 Watts to ensure stable long-distance communications. One of the distinguishing features of this exciting new mobile transceiver is the Front Panel Speaker delivering 3 Watts of loud and crystal clear audio, designed for stress-free and enjoyable communications – even in noisy environments.
While the Yaesu FTM-3200DR is a solid and durable transceiver in keeping with Yaesu’s legendary mechanical toughness, it also incorporates technology such as Automatic Mode Select (AMS), one of the most advanced features of System Fusion. The AMS mode instantly recognizes whether a transmission is digital or analogue, and appropriately switches the operating mode to allow flawless co-existence of both digital and analogue users. The versatile FTM-3200DR transceiver also utilizes the ever-popular Digital Group Monitor (GM) function, a terrific asset allowing users to see at a glance if registered members of a group are within communication range.
Powerful and Rugged 65 Watt Transmitter
Enjoy 65 Watts of 2-Meter RF Output to ensure long-distance communication even in the toughest of situations. Type: F1D, F2D, F3E: Variable Reactance Modulation, F7W: 4FSK (C4FM)
3 watts of crystal clear front panel audio
In any environment enjoy loud and crystal clear audio with 3 Watts of audio from the FTM-3200DR’s front-mounted speaker. 8 Watt output using Optional External Speaker (MLS-200-M10)
Digital and Analog FM Capable
There is no reason to limit communications with friends who have not yet chosen to transition to Digital. The FTM-3200DR performs perfectly well using both Analog FM and C4FM Digital, and can flawlessly integrate into either operating environment.
Multi-coloured BUSY / TX Indicator
Two large and vibrant multi-coloured BUSY / TX LED status indicators clearly show the current operating state of the transceiver, turning Green when receiving an analogue FM transmission and blue when receiving digital.
- The top half lights green when in the BUSY / RX state.
- The top half lights red during transmission.
- The bottom half lights blue while receiving or transmitting digital voice signals.
- The bottom half lights white while receiving or transmitting digital data.
- The bottom half blinks blue when receiving the signal containing a different TONE frequency or DCS code other than the one configured.
Digital Group Monitor Function
The digital GM function automatically checks whether members registered to a group are within the communication range, and displays information such as the distance and orientation for each call sign on the screen. This useful function not only enables you to see which friends are within the communication range, it also permits you to see at a glance where all group members are located. Additionally, this function can be used to send messages and image data between group members. The Digital Group Monitor applies to direct communications between members; it is not applicable through a repeater.
This is a valuable feature for public service group activities, Search & Rescue operations, and any number of other uses limited only by your imagination.
- Transmit: 144 – 148 MHz
- Receive: 136 – 174 MHz
- Size: 6.1″ x 1.7″ x 6.1″ (154 x 43 x 155 mm)
- Weight: 2.86 lb (1.3 kg)
Other Useful Features:
- 220 Alpha-Numeric Memory Channels
- CTCSS and DCS Encode/Decode
- Extended Receive 136-174 MHz.
- High Stability TCXO ±2.5 ppm
- AMS (Automatic Mode Select)
- DSQ (Digital Squelch Code) Signaling
- Severe Weather Alert
- DTMF Microphone MH-48A6JA
- USB Cable
- Mounting Bracket
- DC Power Cord w / Fuse
- Operating Manual
- Safety Guide
- Warranty Card
- Circuit Type: Double Conversion Superheterodyne
- IF: 1st 47.25 MHz, 2nd 450 kHz
- Sensitivity (12 dB SINAD): 0.20 uV (HAM Wide), 0.22 uV (HAM Narrow)
- Sensitivity (Digital): 0.22 uV (BER 1%)
- Selectivity (-6 / -60 dB): 12 kHz / 28 kHZ
- Maximum AF Output: 3 W @ 13.8 V, 10% THD
- Output Power: 65 / 30 / 5 W
- Maximum Deviation: +5 kHz (Wide), +2.5 kHz (Narrow)
- Spurious Radiation: Better than -60 dB
- Microphone Impedance: 2 k Ohms
- Antenna Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Operating Temperature Range: -4 Degree’s (F) to +140 Degree’s (F)